Do you ever have breakfast for dinner?
Sometimes when we haven’t planned anything ahead for dinner or we just don’t feel like having a big meal, we have breakfast for dinner. Hubby really likes to make waffles or pancakes. I’ve even been known to enjoy a bowl of cereal or yogurt with granola. Other times, eggs are an easy solution – fried, scrambled or an omelette. When I am feeling a bit more adventurous, I put my omelette in a tortilla and turn it into a wrap.
Everyone has their favourite omelette combination, here’s mine…
- 2 Eggs
- Dash of Milk
- 2 slices of deli ham, diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 diced, red bell pepper
- Handful of Baby Spinach
- Italian Blend Shredded Cheese, small handful
- 1-2 tsp Margerine/Butter (for cooking)
- 1 Large, Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Romaine Lettuce, 2-3 leaves
- Crack eggs into small bowl, add milk and lightly whisk with a fork.
- Add margerine, ham, onion and red pepper to a frying pan and heat over medium heat to warm. Toss in spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spread cooked ham and veggie mixture around to evenly cover the bottom of your pan. Give your egg mixture a final whisk and gently pour over the pan ingredients to fill pan.
- Once the underside just starts to brown, flip the omelette over. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover frying pan with a lid for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla on plate and lay down lettuce leaves on top. Slide cooked omelette on top of lettuce and roll up wrap. Cut in half, for easier eating!
For extra flavour, add some salsa or chopped tomatoes before rolling up.
Voilà! Quick, easy and delicious dinner!
Do you like to have breakfast for dinner? What do you like to make?